Make Chicken & pancatta cassorole: then make
- Olive oil
- 300g of pancetta or chopped smoked bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped in slices
- 200g of mushrooms
- 1.2 kg of chicken breasts, skinned
- Large knob of butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tsp of cornflour
- 2 ½ pints of chicken stock
100g of Boursin (if you are serving a portion on the day you made it)
For a family of four serve a third of this casserole as itself with some crispy roast potatoes and a selection of fresh vegetables.
• Cook the chicken in a frying pan in a little olive oil for 10 to 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Remove and set to one side.
• In the same frying pan add a little more oil if required and cook the pancetta and onion for approximately 5 minutes, until soft. Then add the chopped leeks, mushrooms and butter and stir, seasoning well.
• Turn the heat down to medium and cover the pan, leaving for about 30 minutes on a medium heat to slowly cook the vegetables.
• When the vegetables are soft, add the chicken and the stock. Leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes and then stir in the cornflour which has been mixed with a little cold water to form a paste.
• Leave to simmer until the sauce thickens. Remove the casserole that you want to re-use another time and either freeze or chill.
• With the remaining casserole that you are eating, stir in 100g of Boursin cheese to give it a lovely creamy flavour.