If you want to turn this dish into a spaghetti Arrabiata (which is basically a spicy bolognese) just add ½ a finely chopped chilli and ½ teaspoon of oregano when you cook the mushrooms. Serve the same as the spaghetti.
1 batch of basic Ragu
100g of mushrooms (chopped)
50g of sundried tomatoes
A handful of torn basil
500g of spaghetti
50g of Parmesan cheese
• In a large pan or casserole dish heat the Ragu until hot, stirring occasionally and then turn it down to a simmer.
• Cook the spaghetti in slightly salted water for 8 minutes until its tender.
• In a frying pan cook the mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes until they are golden and then stir in the sundried tomatoes. Cook for a further 2 minutes and then add the basil for 30 seconds until it’s wilted.
• Stir the mushrooms and the tomatoes into the Ragu and let it cook together for a further 3 minutes.
• Drain the spaghetti and then serve in 4 bowls with the sauce poured over it. Sprinkle with the freshly grated Parmesan.