Cook up a French classic Crème Brulee in the Breville Halo fryer. Our Crème Brulee recipe has been made with brown sugar to caramelise and raspberries for a fruity finish, but of course you can amend to your taste with some classics such as lemon, amaretto and chocolate.
Preparation time: Less than 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
250ml double cream
1 vanilla pod, or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
50g caster sugar
3 free-range egg yolks
Brown sugar for the topping
Raspberries to decorate
In addition to the Breville Halo, you’ll need
How to make Crème Brulee in the Breville Halo
- Remove the paddle from your Halo Health Fryer
- Pour the cream into a saucepan. If you are using vanilla pods, split it lengthways and scrape the seeds into the cream. Then chop the pod into small pieces and add to the cream. Alternatively, pour in the vanilla extract.
- Bring the cream to the boil and then turn the heat down so that it is simmering. If you have used a vanilla pod, strain the cream to remove it and then add the cram back to the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks together in a bowl until they are frothy, and then whisk in the sugar.
- Pour the cream into the eggs and sugar, whisking constantly. This will slightly cook the eggs and the mixture will thicken.
- Add the mixture to four ramekins so that they are approximately two thirds full, and then place the ramekins in the Halo Fryer bowl.
- Carefully pour enough water around the ramekins so that it reaches half way up the sides.
- Cover the ramekins with a circle of foil, and cook for 30-35 minutes until they are set.
- Once set, remove the foil and sprinkle the tops of the crème brulee’s with brown sugar. Cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes until the top of the crème brulee’s go brown and caramelized.
- Serve with raspberries.