Coffee Makers: VCF128/129/130/131/X
How Hot is the Coffee when it's poured out?
The coffee’s temperature is approximately 92 degrees Celsius. However, this temperature can be affected by the following:
- Ambient/room temperature
- Cup/glass temperature at the time of extraction
- Freezing/refrigerating coffee beans or grounds
How long should the coffee extraction take?
- Coffee extraction should take somewhere between 20 to 30 seconds
I’m having problems with the speed of my coffee extraction. How do I fix this?
- If your extraction is coming out too fast, adjust your grinder to a finer setting.
- If your extraction is coming out too slow, adjust your grinder to a coarser setting.
The steam wand on my coffee machine seems to be blocked. How can I clear these blockages?
- Make sure the machine has been switched off. Inspect the steam nozzle for any physical blockages. For instance, milk may have solidified and become lodged in the mouth of the valve.
- Using the small cleaning pin provided, clear any blockages.
- Air pockets may have also formed. In which case you need to prime the unit:
- Make sure the water tank/reservoir is all the way in.
- Place a bowl under the steam wand (and if applicable, under the hot water wand too).
- Turn on the steam wand (and hot water wand if applicable) and let it run for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This should help to clear any “air lock”.