Breville Barista Max+
VCF153https://www.breville.co.uk/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog/default/dw092d99ea/images/highres/UKImages/VCF153/VCF153_Breville_Barista Maxplus_Coffee_Barista_Silver_Front View no drinks.png
Enjoy delicious coffee just like it tastes at your favourite café with the Breville Barista Max+ Espresso Machine with integrated bean grinder that's perfect for lattes, cappuccinos and more. Designed to remove the guesswork, the Barista Max+ grinder is intelligently programmed to provide feedback for the correct amount of coffee grounds for 1 or 2 shot dosage, while the LED screen displays your extraction time, allowing you to time your optimum extraction for a perfect espresso. Inspired by commercial espresso machines, the Barista Max+ offers all the features and accessories needed to enjoy café-style coffee at home, including a powerful steam wand that creates velvety microfoam milk for delicious lattes, flat whites and cappuccinos.
- Great Coffee Made Simple: Enjoy delicious coffee just like it tastes at your favourite café with this easy-to-use, intuitive espresso machine and integrated bean grinder that's also perfect for lattes, cappuccinos and more
- Intelligent Grind & Dosage: integrated grinder with 30 grind settings is intelligently programmed to provide feedback for the correct amount of coffee grounds for 1 or 2 shot dosage
- Precision Extraction Timer: The LED screen displays your extraction time, allowing you to time your optimum extraction for delicious espresso
- The Perfect Brew, Every Time: Temp IQ Shot Control uses a three-way system to regulate and stabilise water flow and temperature, for consistently great-tasting coffee
- Powerful Café Steam Wand: Creates velvety microfoam milk for delicious lattes, flat whites and cappuccinos
- Includes: 58mm café-size portafilter, 250g removable bean hopper, 2.8L removable water tank, Italian designed 15 bar pump, Hot water function, Auto shot 1 & 2 cup volumetric control, Customisable settings
Breville Barista Max+ is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by slooperdooper from Milk pitcher is too big I have already a Sage Bambino Plus and Eureka grinder, so that is my frame of reference for this review. The breville machine feels decently built, and I appreciate the freely articulating steam wand compared to my sage. However, the steam function takes much, much longer to heat up and isn't as powerful. I think the included milk pitcher is too big to create the "velvety" milk foam that they advertise, because the steam wand isn't super powerful and there'S too much milk in there to get it spinning. It would be nice if they included a smaller one. Using a lightly roasted blend, I was able to just barely achieve drinkable shots that weren't sour using grind setting 7 and only 17-17.5g of coffee at the second highest temperature setting. But it is almost choking the machine and takes longer than optimal. This is actually better than my sage, which cannot use lightly roasted coffee at all and always produces sour shots. I have no complaints about the grinder, it is quiet and seems to do a good job. Perhaps the results with lighter roasts would be even better with an external grinder. Overall I can recommend the Barista max if it's under 250 euros, and the Max Plus maybe for 350. But for the retail price, I think you could do better.
Date published: 2023-10-15